Please clarify the scope of materials to be included in the materials calculations.
1. Mechanical and Electrical -- CSI MasterFormat 1995 Divisions 15 & 16 -- are to be excluded from the calculations (numerator and denominator) for MR Credit 3, Resource Reuse; MR Credit 4, Recycled Content; MR Credit 5, Regional Materials; and MR Credit 6 Rapidly Renewable. Note that this is already stated in LEED-CI v2.0 Reference Guide for MRc3 (pages 222 & 224) and MRc4 (page 229 per balloted Rating System and page 234).
2. Plumbing products shall not be permitted to contribute to the numerator of MR Credit 3.1/3.2, Resource Reuse. Plumbing products, as well as Division 12 items (furniture and furnishings), shall be excluded from the denominator of the calculation. Note that this is already stated in LEED-CI v2.0 Reference Guide on page 223.
3. Plumbing products are left to the discretion of the project team for MR Credit 4, Recycled Content, and MR Credit 5, Regional Materials. If plumbing products are used for one of these credits, for the sake of consistency, they must be part of the calculations for both credits (numerator and denominator). Note that this will be a Reference Guide errata item.
4. Plumbing products are not applicable to MR Credit 6, Rapidly Renewable. Thus, the denominator of the calculation will be different than MR Credits 4 and 5 if plumbing contributes to those two credits. Note that this will be a Reference Guide errata item.
5. Divisions 11, 13, and 14 are left to the discretion of the project team; item by item may be added to both the numerator and denominator, as long as there is consistency between MR Credits 3 - 6. 6. Note that MR Credits 1.2/1.3 (Building Reuse), 2 (Construction Waste Management), 3.3 (Furniture Reuse), and 7 (Certified Wood) use different calculations such that the "materials cost" (denominator) and thus this issue are not applicable. These conclusions will result in the following necessary edits to the LEED-CI v2.0 First Edition Reference Guide: A. Amend Table 2 on page 193 as follows: add an "X2" to the "Mechanical" row for MRc5.1 and 5.2; add an "X" to the "Mechanical" row for MRc6; and add an "X" to the "Electrical" row for MRc5.1, 5.2, and 6. Also, the footnote for "X2" should simply state "Plumbing products may be included in calculations; if included for one credit, items must be in all applicable credits." B. Clarify Table 2 on page 222 so that Division 12 is not part of the numerator or denominator as explained correctly on page 221. C. Add clarifications noted in #1 above for MR Credits 5 and 6. D. Add clarifications noted in #3 and #4 above.
Related Addenda (Corrections & Interpretations)