To reduce pollution and land development impacts from automobile use.
CASE 1. Commercial or Institutional Projects 300,000 square feet or less
- Provide secure bicycle racks and/or storage within 200 yards (200 meters) of a building entrance for 3% or more of all building users (calculated on average for the year)
- Provide shower and changing facilities in the building, or within 200 yards (200 meters) of a building entrance, for 0.5% of full-time equivalent (FTE) occupants.
CASE 2.Commercial or Institutional Projects Larger than 300,000 square feet
- Provide secure bicycle storage for 3% of the occupants for up to 300,000 square feet, then an additional 0.5% for the occupants for the space over 300,000 square feet. Mixed-use buildings with a total gross square footage greater than 300,000 square feet must apply this calculation for each use of the building.
- Provide shower and changing facilities in the building, or within 200 yards (200 meters) of a building entrance, for 0.5% of FTE occupants.
CASE 3. Residential Projects
- Provide covered storage facilities for securing bicycles for 15% or more of building occupants. Case 3 must be used by residential buildings or the residential portion of a mixed use building.
See Appendix 1 — Default Occupancy Counts for occupancy count requirements and guidance.