To educate tenants about implementing sustainable design and construction features in their tenant improvement build-out.
Tenant design and construction guidelines benefit the Core & Shell certified project in two important ways: First, the guidelines will help tenants design and build sustainable interiors and adopt green building practices; Second, the guidelines will help in coordinating LEED 2009 for Commercial Interiors and LEED 2011 for India - Core and Shell Development certifications.
Publish an illustrated document that provides tenants with the following design and construction information:
- A description of the sustainable design and construction features incorporated in the core & shell project and the project’s sustainability goals and objectives, including those for tenant spaces.
- Information on LEED for Commercial Interiors and how the core and shell building contributes to achieving these credits.
- Information that enables a tenant to coordinate space design and construction with the core and shell’s building systems. Specific LEED for Commercial Interiors credits to be addressed when applicable include the following:
- Water use reduction
- Optimize energy performance, lighting power
- Optimize energy performance, lighting controls
- Optimize energy performance, HVAC
- Energy use and metering
- Measurement and verification
- Ventilation and outdoor air delivery
- Construction indoor air quality management
- Indoor chemical and pollutant source control
- Controllability of systems
- Thermal comfort
- Daylighting and views
- Elimination or control of environmental tobacco smoke
- Recommendations, including examples, for sustainable strategies, products, materials, and services