Provide tenants with a descriptive tool that both educates and helps them implement sustainable design and constructions features in their tenant improvement build-out.
Tenant Design and Construction Guidelines benefit the Core & Shell certified project for two important reasons: First, the Guidelines will help tenants design and build sustainable interiors and adopt green building practices; second, the Guidelines will help in coordinating LEED-CI and LEED for Core & Shell certifications.
Publish an illustrated document that provides tenants with design and construction information that:
Provides a description of the sustainable design and construction features incorporated in the Core & Shell project and delineates the project intent with respect to sustainability goals and objectives including those for tenant spaces.
- Provides information that enables a tenant to coordinate their space design and construction with the core and shell’s building systems. Specific building LEED for Core & Shell credits to be addressed when applicable include;
- Water use reduction
- Optimize energy performance, lighting power
- Optimize energy performance, lighting controls
- Optimize energy performance, HVAC
- Energy use and metering
- Measurement and verification
- Ventilation and outdoor air delivery
- Construction IAQ management
- Indoor chemical and pollutant source control
- Controllability of systems
- Thermal comfort
- Daylighting and views
- The elimination or control of environmental tobacco smoke.
- Provides recommendations, including examples, of sustainable strategies, products, materials, and service suggestion;
Provides information LEED Green Building Rating System for Commercial Interiors (LEED-CI) and how the core and shell building contributes to achieving these credits.