To promote continuity of information to ensure that energy-efficient operating strategies are maintained and provide a foundation for training and system analysis.
Conduct an energy audit that meets both the requirements of the ASHRAE preliminary energy use analysis and an ASHRAE Level 1 walk-through assessment identified in the ASHRAE Procedures for Commercial Building Energy Audits or equivalent. [Europe ACP: EN 16247]
Prepare and maintain a current facilities requirements and operations and maintenance plan that contains the information necessary to operate the building efficiently. The plan must include the following:
- a current sequence of operations for the building
- the building occupancy schedule;
- equipment run-time schedules;
- setpoints for all HVAC equipment;
- setpoints for lighting levels throughout the building;
- minimum outside air requirements;
- any changes in schedules or setpoints for different seasons, days of the week, and times of day;
- a systems narrative describing the mechanical and electrical systems and equipment in the building; and
- a preventive maintenance plan for building equipment described in the systems narrative.
Use the U.S. Department of Energy’s DC PRO Profiling Tool to perform a preliminary assessment of energy consumption in data center spaces for critical systems.
Alternative Compliance Paths (ACPs)
Europe ACP: EN 16247
Projects in Europe may use the energy audit procedure defined in EN 16247-2:2014.
Ask questions, share tips, and get notified of new forum posts by joining LEEDuser, a tool developed by BuildingGreen and supported by USGBC!