To preserve and improve ecological integrity while supporting high-performance building operations.
Develop a five-year site improvement plan that includes the following:
- documentation of existing site conditions;
- site improvement objectives;
- performance standards to evaluate ongoing progress; and
- monitoring protocols.
The improvement plan must address the following topics.
- Hydrology. Protection and improvement of water bodies on-site, rainwater management and reuse opportunities, potable water-use reduction.
- Vegetation. Documentation of existing vegetation on-site, turf area reduction, management of native and invasive plants, protection of threatened, endangered or unique species.
- Soils. Documentation of general soil structure, preservation of healthy soils, remediation of compacted soils, identification of previously developed area.
The plan must be developed with professionals trained and experienced in the above disciplines.
Show that at least 5% of the site is vegetated. Implement all no-cost and low-cost measures. Develop a new improvement plan and implement all new no-cost and low-cost measures every five years.
Ask questions, share tips, and get notified of new forum posts by joining LEEDuser, a tool developed by BuildingGreen and supported by USGBC!