Verify that fundamental building systems and assemblies are performing as intended to meet current needs and sustainability requirements.
Verify and ensure that fundamental building elements and systems are installed, calibrated and operating as intended so they can deliver functional and efficient performance. Carry out a comprehensive existing building commissioning including the following procedures:
- Develop a comprehensive building operation plan that meets the requirements of current building usage, and addresses the heating system, cooling system, humidity control system, lighting system, safety systems and the building automation controls.
- Prepare a commissioning plan for carrying out the testing of all building systems to verify that they are working according to the specifications of the building operation plan.
- Implement the commissioning plan documenting all the results.
- Repair or upgrade all systems components that are found to be not working according to the specifications of the building operation plan.
- Re-test all building components that required repairs or upgrades to verify that they are working according to the specifications of the building operation plan.
Submit a 1- to 5-Year Plan for continuous improvement of these aspects of commissioning requirements 1-5 until all aspects are completed. During the implementation of the continuous improvement plan, demonstrate continuous improvement on a yearly basis until all aspects are completed. All low-cost and no-cost measures must be implemented in the first two years of the implementation program.