Reduce exposure of building occupants and maintenance personnel to potentially hazardous chemical, biological and particle contaminants, which adversely impact air quality, health, building finishes, building systems, and the environment.
Have in place over the performance period a low-impact environmental cleaning policy addressing:
- Sustainable cleaning systems.
- Use of sustainable cleaning products.
- Use of chemical concentrates and appropriate dilution systems.
- Proper training of maintenance personnel in the hazards, use, maintenance and disposal of cleaning chemicals, dispensing equipment and packaging.
- Use of hand soaps that do not contain antimicrobial agents (other than as a preservative system), except where required by health codes and other regulations (i.e., food service and health care requirements).
- Use of cleaning equipment that reduces impacts on IAQ.