Reduce the environmental impacts of the materials acquired for use in the operations, maintenance, and upgrades of buildings.
Maintain a sustainable purchasing program covering at least office paper, office equipment, furniture, furnishings and building materials for use in the building and on the site. A template calculator will be provided for LEED for Existing Buildings MR Credit 2.1–2.5. One point (up to a maximum of five) will be awarded for each 10% of total purchases over the performance period (on a dollar basis) that achieve at least one of the following sustainability criteria:
- Contains at least 70% salvaged material from off site or outside the organization.
- Contains at least 70% salvaged from on site through an internal organization materials & equipment reuse program.
- Contains at least 10% post-consumer or 20% post-industrial material.
- Contains at least 50% rapidly renewable materials.
- Is Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certiﬁed wood.
- Contains at least 50% materials harvested and processed or extracted and processed within 500 miles of the project.
Note: In calculating the percentage of purchases over the performance period conforming to the requirements, each purchase can only receive credit against a single requirement (i.e., a purchase that contains both 10% post-consumer recycled content and is harvested within 500 miles of the project counts only once in this calculation).