Encourage grounds/site/building exterior management practices that have the lowest environmental impact possible and preserve ecological integrity, enhance diversity and protect wildlife while supporting building performance and integration into surrounding landscapes.
Have in place over the performance period a low-impact site and green building exterior management plan that addresses the topics listed below. One point is earned for each four items addressed.
- Maintenance equipment
- Animal and vegetation pest control
- Landscape waste
- Irrigation management
- Fertilizer use
- Snow removal (where applicable)
- Cleaning of building exterior
- Paints and sealants used on building exterior
- Other maintenance of the building exterior