To reduce the exposure of building occupants and maintenance personnel to potentially hazardous chemical, biological and particulate contaminants, which adversely affect air quality, human health, building finishes, building systems and the environment.
Have in place during the performance period a high-performance cleaning program, supported by a green cleaning policy (IEQ Prerequisite 3: Green Cleaning Policy), that addresses the following:
- Provide an appropriate staffing plan.
- Implement a training of maintenance personnel in the hazards, use, maintenance, disposal and recycling of cleaning chemicals, dispensing equipment and packaging.
- Use chemical concentrates with appropriate dilution systems to minimize chemical use wherever possible.
- Use sustainable cleaning materials, products, equipment, janitorial paper products and trash bags (including microfiber tools and wipes).
- Use sustainable cleaning and hard floor and carpet care products meeting the sustainability criteria outlined in IEQ Credits 3.3: Green Cleaning—Purchase of Sustainable Cleaning Products and Materials.
- Use cleaning equipment meeting the sustainability criteria outlined in IEQ Credit 3.4: Green Cleaning—Sustainable Cleaning Equipment.
Ask questions, share tips, and get notified of new forum posts by joining LEEDuser, a tool developed by BuildingGreen and supported by USGBC!