To support and encourage the knowledge and understanding of green maintenance and operations practices by those servicing buildings daily. The benefits and goals of green building will be clearer as a result ,and benefit the health and well-being of building occupants and building operators and service professionals.
To meet the requirements of this pilot credit, project teams must use a qualifying training program. Complete the application here. Qualifying programs and program requirements are listed on the Resources tab.
Employ building operations and direct or contracted maintenance services personnel who are certificate holders under a qualified green building training program prior to LEED submittal. The minimum percentage of certificate holders for each point threshold is as follows:
- Option 1: 75% Operations Staff. At least 75% of building operations personnel are certificate holders.
Option 2: 50% of Operations Staff AND 30% of Building Maintenance Service Personnel. At least 50% of Operations Staff and at least 30% of building service workers (direct or contracted employees) are certificate holders.
Qualifying Building Operations and Services Personnel
Only personnel working the following minimum hours per week in the building are qualifying building operations and service personnel who may count towards achievement of this credit:
- For buildings under 50,000 square feet, work a minimum of 8 hours per week
- For buildings 50,000 square feet and over, work a minimum of 20 hours per week
Building Operations Personnel:
- Facilities or Assistant Facilities Manager
- Chief or Assistant Chief Engineer
Building Maintenance Services Personnel:
- Utility Porter
- Maintenance Worker
General Pilot Documentation Requirements
- Participate in the LEEDuser pilot credit forum
- Complete the feedback survey:
- Identify the Green Building Training Program(s).
- Identify whether the project is under 50,000 square feet or 50,000 feet and larger, demonstrated by construction drawings, tax records, deed or government-issued documentation.
- Complete this template. Identify all qualifying building operations personnel. Indicate which of those personnel are also certificate holders and identify their certificate(s). The titles of the building operations personnel listed in the template (for example, “Operator” or “Engineer” should correspond with those identified in the list of qualifying Building Operations Personnel in the credit.
- Provide a notarized payroll report from the building owner or management company that identifies all qualifying building operations personnel.
- Provide verification of any claimed training through copies of certificates or wallet cards or a report from the training body.
- What other quality programs are not on the list that you would recommend adding?
- Which option did you choose and why?
- About how many different contractor organization did you work with on the project?
Ask questions, share tips, and get notified of new forum posts by joining LEEDuser, a tool developed by BuildingGreen and supported by USGBC!
No sample form available for this credit.View all sample forms