To preserve and improve ecological integrity while supporting high-performance building operations.
Develop a five-year site improvement plan that includes the following:
- documentation of existing site conditions;
- site improvement objectives;
- performance standards to evaluate ongoing progress; and
- monitoring protocols.
The improvement plan must address the following topics.
- Hydrology. Protection and improvement of water bodies on-site, rainwater management and reuse opportunities, potable water-use reduction.
- Vegetation. Documentation of existing vegetation on-site, turf area reduction, management of native and invasive plants, protection of threatened, endangered or unique species.
- Soils. Documentation of general soil structure, preservation of healthy soils, remediation of compacted soils, identification of previously disturbed area.
The plan must be developed with professionals trained and experienced in the above disciplines.
Show that at least 5% of the site is vegetated. Implement all no-cost and low-cost measures. Develop a new improvement plan and implement all new no-cost and low-cost measures every five years.
- Participate in the LEEDuser pilot credit forum
- Complete the feedback survey:
Provide the following:
- A copy of the Site Improvement Plan addressing the areas listed in the requirements. If an area is not specifically addressed, explain the reason(s) why.
- A drawing of the existing site conditions
- Calculations showing compliance with the 5% threshold
- A list of professionals consulted for the development of this plan
Provide the following:
- A list of all no-cost and low-cost measures implemented
- Every 5 years: the items listed above under Establishment
- The goal of this credit is to improve upon existing site conditions and support high-performance operations by evaluating sustainable site management options. Do you believe that these requirements achieve this intent? Why or why not?
- Did you encounter difficulties in gathering the information for the improvement plan? If so, in what ways?
- Changes as a result of 5th Public Comment (01/15/2013):
Updated with SSc6 EBOM - Wording changes- rewording for clarification
Ask questions, share tips, and get notified of new forum posts by joining LEEDuser, a tool developed by BuildingGreen and supported by USGBC!
No sample form available for this credit.View all sample forms