To provide for the ongoing accountability and optimization of building water consumption performance over time.
Install meters to track the following water uses (as applicable to the project):
- Cooling tower make-up and blowdown
- Incoming water to the project
- Purified water system (reverse osmosis and/or de-ionized)
- Filter backwash water
- Water use in dietary department
- Water use in laundry
- Outdoor Irrigation systems
- Steam boiler systems make-up water
Install meters to track the water use in any two (for one point) or any three (for two points) of
- Water use in laboratory
- Water use in central sterile and processing department
- Water use in physio- and hydrotherapy treatment areas
- Water use in surgical suite
- Closed-loop hydronic systems make-up water
- Cold-water make-up for domestic hot water systems
The Measurement and Verification (M&V) period shall cover a period of no less than one year of post-construction occupancy.
Use the International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP) Volume 1, Concepts for Determining Energy and Water Savings, March 2002, to provide for long term continuous measurement of potable cold water uses within the facility. [Option D: Calibrated Simulation (Savings Estimation Method 2 - See Volume III, April 2003, for description of Option D, Savings Estimation Method) – for new construction; or Option B: Retrofit Measure Isolation – for renovation].
Ask questions, share tips, and get notified of new forum posts by joining LEEDuser, a tool developed by BuildingGreen and supported by USGBC!