Maintain the performance of the home by educating the building manager about the operations and maintenance of the home’s LEED features and equipment.
2 Education of building manager (1 point). For multifamily buildings (more than five units), provide the building manager with the following:
- A building owner’s manual or binder that includes these items:
- The completed checklist of LEED for Homes features.
- A copy of each signed Accountability Form.
- A copy of the durability inspection checklist.
- The product manufacturers’ manuals for all installed equipment, fixtures, and appliances.
- General information on efficient use of energy, water, and natural resources.
- Operations and maintenance guidance for any LEED for Homes– related equipment installed in the home, including:
- space heating and cooling equipment;
- mechanical ventilation equipment;
- humidity control equipment;
- radon protection system;
- renewable energy system; and
- irrigation, rainwater harvesting, and/or graywater system.
- cleaning materials, methods, and supplies;
- water-efficient landscaping;
- impacts of chemical fertilizers and pesticides;
- lighting selection; and
- appliance selection.
- Identification of all installed equipment.
- Instruction in how to use the measures and operate the equipment in each unit.
- Information on how to maintain the measures and equipment in each unit.