To reduce energy consumption by ensuring that heating and cooling systems operate at peak efficiency.
Pilot Credit Closed
This pilot credit was closed to new pilot credit registrations on 3/1/2015. It is now available in the LEED Innovation Catalog for ongoing use by project teams as an innovation point rather than a pilot credit.
Have all heating, cooling, and ventilation systems commissioned by a technician with North American Technician Excellence certification, HVAC contractor credentialed by an EPA-recognized HVAC Quality Installation Training and Oversight Organization (H-QUITO) (or equivalent as defined by USGBC). The technician must complete the ENERGY STAR for Homes, version 3, HVAC system quality installation contractor checklist, or equivalent as defined by USGBC.
General Pilot Documentation Requirements
- Participate in the LEEDuser pilot credit forum
- Complete the feedback survey:
- Completed HVAC installer checklist, and list installer’s name, company, and credential
- Was it challenging to find an qualified installer?
- Did the HVAC installer charge the project extra to complete the checklists? If yes, how much?
LEED for Homes Review Process
LEED for Homes projects: When complete, submit documentation here.