To reduce energy consumption by ensuring that heating and cooling systems operate at peak efficiency.
NOTE: PILOT CREDIT CLOSURE
This pilot credit will be closing to new registrations on 3/1/2015. Projects registered prior to this date may continue to use the pilot on registered projects. After 3/1/2015 this credit will be available in the LEED Innovation Catalog.
Have all heating, cooling, and ventilation systems commissioned by a technician with North American Technician Excellence certification, HVAC contractor credentialed by an EPA-recognized HVAC Quality Installation Training and Oversight Organization (H-QUITO) (or equivalent as defined by USGBC). The technician must complete the ENERGY STAR for Homes, version 3, HVAC system quality installation contractor checklist, or equivalent as defined by USGBC.
General Pilot Documentation Requirements
- Participate in the LEEDuser pilot credit forum
- Complete the feedback survey:
- Completed HVAC installer checklist, and list installer’s name, company, and credential
- Was it challenging to find an qualified installer?
- Did the HVAC installer charge the project extra to complete the checklists? If yes, how much?
Ask questions, share tips, and get notified of new forum posts by joining LEEDuser, a tool developed by BuildingGreen and supported by USGBC!
No sample form available for this credit.View all sample forms