To reduce pollution from construction activities by controlling soil erosion, waterway sedimentation, and airborne dust.
Create and implement an erosion and sedimentation control plan for all new construction activities associated with the project. The plan must incorporate best management practices (BMPs) to control erosion and sedimentation in runoff from the entire project site during construction. The BMPs must be selected from EPA’s BMPs for construction and post-construction site runoff control.
The erosion and sedimentation control plan must list the BMPs employed and describe how the project team will do the following:
- preserve vegetation and mark clearing limits;
- establish and delineate construction access;
- control flow rates;
- install sediment controls;
- stabilize soils;
- prevent soil loss during construction;
- stockpile topsoil for reuse;
- protect slopes;
- protect drain inlets, all rainwater conveyance systems, and receiving water bodies;
- stabilize channels and outlets;
- control pollutants including dust and particulate matter;
- control dewatering;
- maintain the BMPs; and
- manage the erosion and sedimentation control plan.
Ask questions, share tips, and get notified of new forum posts by joining LEEDuser, a tool developed by BuildingGreen and supported by USGBC!
No sample form available for this credit.View all sample forms