Encourage the cleanup of contaminated brownfields sites in areas targeted for redevelopment.
Earn SLL Credit 1: Brownfields Redevelopment, using a site that is in one of the following areas:
- Federal Empowerment Zone
- Federal Enterprise Community
- Federal Renewal Community
- Communities with Official Recognition (OR) from the Department of Justice for their Weed and Seed Strategy
- Qualified Low-Income Communities (LICs) as defined by the New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC)
- Program of the U.S. Department of the Treasury - Community Development Financial Institutions Fund (CDIF).
Brownfield sites in areas identified by state level equivalent programs to those listed above will also qualify.