To increase the use of products and materials that disclose chemical ingredient data.
This credit closed to new registrations on February 15, 2013. Projects that registered for the pilot credit prior to February 15, 2013 may continue to pursue the credit.
Use a minimum of 20%, by cost, of at least 3 building product and material types meeting one of the options below.
Option 1. Manufacturer declared disclosure
Use building products and materials with manufacturer provided disclosure of chemical compounds that meet Clean Production Action’s Green Screen v1.2 Benchmark 1: Avoid Chemicals of High Concern criteria. The disclosure statement shall include homogeneous materials that make up at least 99% of the material by weight. Calculate compliant building products and materials at half of their cost.
Option 2. Third party certified disclosure
Use building products and materials meeting the disclosure requirements in Option 1 with third party certified disclosure of chemical compounds.
For Product Formulators:
Chemicals to be disclosed are those that are intentionally added, plus known residuals, in concentrations of 0.01% by mass (100 parts per million (ppm)) within each of the homogeneous materials. Disclosure can either be listing by CAS number of by hazard communication based on the Green Screen v1.2 Benchmark 1: Avoid Chemicals of High Concern.
- Participate in the LEEDuser pilot credit forum
- Complete the feedback survey:
- Did your project use the actual or default materials cost to determine the total materials cost?
- How did your team determine or estimate the actual materials cost? What method was used?
- Where there any challenges in determining the total materials cost? What were they?
- If applicable, how would using the actual materials cost verses the default materials cost have effected credit achievement?
Ask questions, share tips, and get notified of new forum posts by joining LEEDuser, a tool developed by BuildingGreen and supported by USGBC!
No sample form available for this credit.View all sample forms