Option 1. Source reduction
Reduce wastewater from toilets and urinals by at least 50% from the baseline calculated in WE Prerequisite Fixture & Fitting Water Use Reduction for toilets and urinals only.
|95%||1 (2nd point not available)|
Option 2. Reuse
Reuse building wastewater on site. Use water from approved non-potable sources including:
- recycled wastewater (on-site or municipally supplied),
- swimming pool backwash operations,
- air conditioner condensate,
- cooling tower blow-down water,
- foundation drain water,
- steam system condensate,
- fluid cooler discharge water,
- food steamer discharge water,
- combination oven discharge water,
- industrial process water,
- fire pump test water
- municipally supplied treated seawater
- ice machine condensate
Reused water must meet the applicable local code, for its intended use (e.g., on-site irrigation, toilet flushing, cooling tower).
|Implement wastewater reuse||1|
|Reuse at least 90% of wastewater on site||1 (2nd point not available)|
Option 3. Resource recovery
Implement resource recovery and reuse of one or both of the following for up to 1 point::
|Resource recovery type||Points|
|nutrients (nitrogen and/or phosphorous)||1|
|organic carbon loading from building occupants||1 (2nd point not available)|
- Participate in the LEEDuser pilot credit forum
- Complete the feedback survey:
- Provide a narrative which includes the type of alternative technology and details about how it will be installed and operated for the project building. Systems that negatively offset the environmental benefits, such as those that have high energy use or high pollution rates will not be accepted.
- Provide any applicable specifications, drawings, and calculations to show that the system significantly minimizes or eliminates the annual wastewater produced
from sewage conveyance.
- Process water reduction (i.e., from food service) may qualify for this credit, however, and additional explanation of the method must be provided.
Provide a narrative about the wastewater treatment/reuse system including:
- whether it meets the local standard wastewater
- source and reuse location (e.g, building graywater reused as toilet flushing water)
- approximately what portion of the water type is being reused
- Provide any applicable specifications or drawings to demonstrate the system design and location.
Provide a narrative explaining the resource recovery strategy used including:
- Type of resource(s) recovered
- Descriptions and specification on system used
- Estimated annual quantity recovered
- Estimated impact on total building resource production (i.e. approximately what percent of the identified resource is recovered).
- Did the revisions to this credit make it more achievable for your project? For other projects?
- Are there strategies that have been used on this or other projects that would be applicable to this credit? Explain.
- 1/15/2013: removed NSF 350 standard from requirements
Ask questions, share tips, and get notified of new forum posts by joining LEEDuser, a tool developed by BuildingGreen and supported by USGBC!
No sample form available for this credit.View all sample forms