Pilot Credit 88: LEED O+M Starter Kit is a collection of Pilot Credits that BD+C projects can use in the Innovation in Design credit category for early pre‐approval of O+M prerequisites, streamlining the path into certification in LEED v4 for Operations + Maintenance.
Site Management Policy
Systems O+M Plan
Purchasing, Waste and Renovation Policies
Green Cleaning Policy and IPM Plan
Prerequisites and credits in the O+M rating system are divided between Establishment and Performance requirements. Establishment requirements are physical assets and policies that can be documented and approved once, and do not generally change substantially over time. Performance requirements involve cyclical actions or ongoing tracking during the Performance Period. Many of the Establishment requirements are included in the BD+C rating systems. The O+M Starter Kit consists of the remaining Establishment policy requirements that are not in the BD+C rating systems.
- All versions and adaptations of BD+C rating systems may use the Starter Kit with the following caveats:
- Core & Shell projects must provide evidence that the credits have been developed with the participation of the property management team that will be responsible for their implementation.
- BD+C v4 projects cannot use the Systems O+M Manual credit because these requirements are already included in those rating systems.
- Teams can use any number of these Pilot Credits, in any number of ID credit slots not to exceed the number of Pilot Credits attempted. (All four can be submitted within one ID credit or each can be submitted in a separate ID credit.)
- v3 teams may continue to use similar, previously allowed strategies for ID credits, but streamlined approval in an eventual O+M certification will only be allowed if these Pilot Credits are used.
- Participate in the LEEDuser pilot credit forum
- Complete the feedback survey:
- See O+M Starter Kit Document for documentation requirements on each credit.
- See the resources tab for policy documents
- All documentation for this credit must be translated into English
Ask questions, share tips, and get notified of new forum posts by joining LEEDuser, a tool developed by BuildingGreen and supported by USGBC!
No sample form available for this credit.View all sample forms