To increase the use of interior finishes and furnishings with verified preferable multi-attribute environmental profiles.
Pilot Credit Closed
PC80 was closed on 8/15/2016, however, a newer version of the credit, MRpc112 - Certified Multi-attribute Products and Materials is currently open to new registrations.
General Pilot Documentation Requirements
- Participate in the LEEDuser pilot credit forum
- Complete the feedback survey:
Use interior finishes and furnishings from manufacturers who have validated multiple environmental attributes relevant to the product via independent third party certifications and that have publically disclosed the product attributes on which the certification has been granted.
Use at least 5 different third party certified products which account for at least 50% of the total interior finishes and furnishing materials by cost.
Approved 3rd party certifications:
- ANSI/BIFMA e3 – 2012 Furniture Sustainability Standard
- Level 1 certified products contribute 25% of the total product cost
- Level 2 certified products contribute 50% of the total product cost
- Level 3 certified products contribute 100% of the total product cost
- Other USGBC approved multi-attribute certification programs
Determine the total value of all interior finishes and furnishings by adding the value of the hard costs of CSI MasterFormat 2004 Divisions 9 and 12. This includes cost associated with delivery of the product to the site, but excludes installation and labor costs. Provide a list of products purchased contributing toward credit and indicate the applicable label/certification. List the cost and number of items purchased per product and calculate the weighted value according to the values above. If compliant products are limited to only one CSI division, project teams are permitted to account for costs in that single division. Record table should include the following information for each product/material:
- Total Material Cost ($)
- Availability of product “scorecard” (yes/no)
- Percent of product compliant with 3rd party certification (% by Weight)
- Compliant Product Value
- How difficult was it to locate the applicable level of labels receiving credit?
- What were the major barriers to achieving credit performance? Do you think the threshold(s) is reasonable?
- What labels would you like USGBC to consider for inclusion in this pilot credit?
Ask questions, share tips, and get notified of new forum posts by joining LEEDuser, a tool developed by BuildingGreen and supported by USGBC!
No sample form available for this credit.View all sample forms