To support energy management and identify opportunities for additional energy savings by tracking building-level and system-level energy use.
Install advanced energy metering for the following:
- all whole-building energy sources used by the building; and
- any individual energy end uses that represent 10% or more of the total annual consumption of the building.
The advanced energy metering must have the following characteristics.
- Meters must be permanently installed, record at intervals of one hour or less, and transmit data to a remote location.
- Electricity meters must record both consumption and demand. Whole-building electricity meters should record the power factor, if appropriate.
- The data collection system must use a local area network, building automation system, wireless network, or comparable communication infrastructure.
- The system must be capable of storing all meter data for at least 36 months.
- The data must be remotely accessible.
- All meters in the system must be capable of reporting hourly, daily, monthly, and annual energy use.
Ask questions, share tips, and get notified of new forum posts by joining LEEDuser, a tool developed by BuildingGreen and supported by USGBC!