To reduce environmental impact through building product and material selection, promote transparency, and encourage market transformation in the field of materials and material ingredients.
Project teams may pursue the entire LEED v4 Materials and Resources category in place of the MR credits from LEED v2009. All prerequisites must be met.
- Storage and collection of recyclables (Required)
- Construction and demolition waste management planning (Required)
- Building life-cycle impact reduction Up to 5 points
- Building product disclosure and optimization - environmental product declarations Up to 2 points
- Building product disclosure and optimization - sourcing of raw materials Up to 2 points
- Building product disclosure and optimization - material ingredients Up to 2 points
- Construction and demolition waste management Up to 2 points
Points awarded as follows:
|If project earns ____ v4 points||Receives_____ v2009 points|
|13||14 + 1 IN|
Not pursuing this pilot but have a comment you'd like to share with USGBC?
Ask questions, share tips, and get notified of new forum posts by joining LEEDuser, a tool developed by BuildingGreen and supported by USGBC!
No sample form available for this credit.View all sample forms