Verify and ensure that fundamental building elements and systems are designed, installed and calibrated to operate as intended.
Implement or have a contract in place to implement the following fundamental best practice commissioning procedures.
- Engage a commissioning team that does not include individuals directly responsible for project design or construction management.
- Review the design intent and the basis of design documentation.
- Incorporate commissioning requirements into the construction documents.
- Develop and utilize a commissioning plan.
- Verify installation, functional performance, training and operation and maintenance documentation.
- Complete a commissioning report.