Avoid development of inappropriate sites and reduce the environmental impact from the location of a building on a site.
Do not develop buildings, roads or parking areas on portions of sites that meet any one of the following criteria:
- Prime farmland as defined by the United States Department of Agriculture in the United States Code of Federal Regulations, Title 7, Volume 6, Parts 400 to 699, Section 657.5 (citation 7CFR657.5).
- Land whose elevation is lower than 5 feet above the elevation of the 100-year flood as defined by FEMA.
- Land which is specifically identified as habitat for any species on Federal or State threatened or endangered lists.
- Within 100 feet of any water including wetlands as defined by United States Code of Federal Regulations 40 CFR, Parts 230-233 and Part 22, and isolated wetlands or areas of special concern identified by state or local rule, OR greater than distances given in state or local regulations as defined by local or state rule or law, whichever is more stringent.
- Land which prior to acquisition for the project was public parkland, unless land of equal or greater value as parkland is accepted in trade by the public landowner (Park Authority projects are exempt).