Verify that the project’s energy-related systems are installed, calibrated and perform as intended.
The following commissioning process activities shall be completed by the commissioning team:
- Designate an individual as the Commissioning Authority to lead the commissioning process activities.
This individual should not be directly responsible for project design or construction management.
- For projects smaller than 50,000 gross square feet, the CxA may include qualified persons on the design or construction teams who have the required experience. ,
- Clearly document the owner’s project requirements and the basis of design for the building’s energy related systems. Updates to these documents shall be made during design and construction by the design team.
- Develop and incorporate commissioning requirements into the construction documents.
- Develop and utilize a commissioning plan.
- Verify that the installation and performance of energy consuming systems meet the owner’s project requirements and basis of design.
- Complete a commissioning report.
- Heating, ventilating, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC&R) systems (mechanical and passive) and associated controls
- Lighting controls, including day lighting
- Domestic hot water systems
- Renewable energy systems (PV, wind, solar, etc.).
The energy-related systems in the scope of work to be included in the commissioning process activities include as a minimum: