To conserve existing natural areas and restore damaged areas to provide habitat and promote biodiversity.
This pilot credit is an alternative compliance path for LEED 2009 SSc5 Site Development- Protect or Restore Open Habitat, LEED 2009 SSc5.1 Site Development– Protect or Restore Habitat, as well as LEED v4 BD+C and O+M SSc Site Development-Protect or Restore Habitat.
New Construction, Core and Shell, Schools, Retail- New Construction, Healthcare:
Provide financial support equivalent to at least $0.40 per square foot for the total project site area (including building footprint). Financial support must be provided once to the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF).
Minimum level of support = $0.40 X Total Square Feet of Project Site Area
($4.00 X Total Square Meters of Project Site Area)
To make payment, project teams should access: nfwf.org/Pages/Donate.aspx
- Participate in the LEEDuser pilot credit forum
- Complete the feedback survey:
NC, CS, SCHOOLS, RETAIL-NC, HEALTHCARE, EB:OM
- A description in the “Additional Details, Alternative Compliance Path” section of the credit form that includes the total site area (including the building footprint) and the total financial support provided
- A site plan or drawing which shows all areas contributing to credit achievement
- A receipt generated by NFWF that details the financial support provided
BD&C Campus projects
Eligible. All buildings in the group may be documented as one. The ACP should be applied to the LEED project boundary for the entire group.
Master Site Credit
Eligible. The ACP should be applied to the LEED campus boundary for the entire group.
- What type of feedback or reporting of conservation projects funded by this Pilot ACP would you like to see?
- How does this pilot ACP compare to other compliance paths in terms of ease of achievement?
Ask questions, share tips, and get notified of new forum posts by joining LEEDuser, a tool developed by BuildingGreen and supported by USGBC!
No sample form available for this credit.View all sample forms