2014 Ohio Construction Conference
GBCI: 0910000006The Ohio Construction Conference will provide attendees with a full day of programming featuring current trends and best practices in the industry.
- 12.5 CE
Rating system: v2009
The Ohio Construction Conference serves the needs of the commercial construction industry as the premier collaborative educational conference in Ohio. Supported by 37 industry organizations, the Conference combines emerging trends with business best practices from around the country. Its breakout seminars and general sessions aim to provoke dialogue and at times, debate. Because owners, design professionals, contractors, suppliers and service providers are all at the table, attendees learn from each other as much as from the presenters.
- Recognize the increased use of pre-fabricated components as a growing trend in the construction industry, differentiate between pre-fabrication and modular construction, and understand how Building Information Modeling combined with Pre-fabrication will increase productivity.
- Recognize Ohio’s position as the state with the most LEED certified schools. Learn how schools are embracing their LEED status. Understand the research taking place to track student performance as well as energy efficiency in these schools. Discuss proposed legislation that would impact the future of LEED schools.
- Understand the role of Ohio’s Advanced Energy Economy. Recognize the opportunity for Ohio in the global energy market. Learn about the construction opportunities related to advanced energy. Identify what will be needed for Ohio to be globally competitive.
- Learn how a design-build team completed a project under Ohio's construction reform, understand how the design-build process and construction reform impacted this project.
- Discuss the ever changing role of technology in construction, identify the pros and cons related to the use of technology in construction, and recognize new opportunities for using technology in construction.