GBCI: 0920004785KickStart is one in a series of activities for USGBC's ADVANCE framework in which sustainability professionals assemble in project teams in support of community based organizations' sustainable and green building efforts. This hands-on learning activity includes 30 minutes of preparation and 30 minutes of follow up work in support of a 2-hour workshop
- 3 CE
The 2-hour values-based workshop for communities to discuss shared values and collectively envision a more efficient, healthier future for all. The workshop starts with presenting the 'case' for green buildings from a value perspective and how those values translate to every organization. Then, participants identify the scope of what they want to etc. Is it building systems, occupant engagement and education, waste, etc? And finally,to create that change, map out who are the decision makers and how to effectively engage them.
- Discuss how your values are aligned with green building & sustainability
- Identify existing challenges, opportunities & assets for your space
- Brainstorm dreams and aspirations for your organization and your buildings
- Develop a strategy to begin building a plan and achieving aspirations
- Map organizational relationships to understandpower dynamics and how to influence others to take action