Cutting Edge Sustainability Meets the 21st Century Workplace
GBCI: 0920011365Tracking LEED-CI v4.0 Platinum certification from the U.S. Green Building Council and Net-Zero Energy (NZE) Certification from the International Living Future Institute, DPR Construction’s new Reston, Virginia office space is a living laboratory showcasing cutting edge sustainable design, technologies, products, and systems.
- 1 CE
Rating system: v4
DPR Construction’s new Reston, Virginia office is a buildout of a previously vacant 20,000 square foot space. Designed by SmithGroupJJR, this facility has used unique techniques and design aspects to create a workplace of the future, and is targeting not only LEED-CI v4.0 Platinum Certification from the U.S. Green Building Council, but also Net-Zero Energy (NZE) Certification from the International Living Future Institute.
This tour will showcase the cutting edge sustainability features that make DPR’s new space an “Office of the Future” that invigorates employees. These features include, but are not limited to:
• Net-Zero Energy
• Cradle to Cradle Finishes
• LEED Certification
• Ongoing Sustainable Operations and Maintenance
• Concepts of the WELL Building Standard
Attendees will also learn how DPR uses information and data to make smart decisions, including life cycle cost analysis, total cost analysis, individual design or construction payback studies, and project teams expertise in their respective fields. The end result is a living laboratory that can showcase technologies, products, and systems and offers a robust educational program.
- Articulate how systems, technologies, and products contribute to achieving sustainability goals, with a significant focus on LEED v4 and Net-Zero Energy certifications
- Identify strategies for promoting health and well-being in an active office environment
- Understand the benefits of a collaborative process
- Appreciate the resiliency story behind converting a 7-year empty building into a Class A office space