Design Sustainable and Energy Efficient Buildings Conference - Houston
GBCI: 0910000158America Training Solutions invites you to attend a Continuing Education CE Seminar. The seminars will focus on products that can be used in Green, Sustainable and LEED certified building projects for commercial and residential purposes. Attend this complete seminar and earn 6 GBCI Learning Units (LU) credits. You will also have the opportunity to network with contacts in the industry and learn about high quality and green products. Topics : Geothermal Heating & Cooling • Flood Vent • Stone Wool Insulation • Outdoor Living Trends & Equipment • Skylights & Rooftop Support • Bathtub Fixtures • Motorized Doors
- 7 CE
Geothermal Heating and Cooling "A Renewable Energy Technology"
This course will cover several critical topics surrounding our industry today in the world of geothermal heating and cooling. You will learn the basic principles of the geothermal heat pump technology and we will discuss some of the misconceptions that often arise in today’s market. You will walk away with an understanding of how and why geothermal heat pumps systems are so incredibly energy efficient and gain a general understanding of how the four basic systems are designed and work for each job application. This course will elaborate on the hybrid/geothermal heat pump system and explain how it not only gives you the high energy efficiency savings but how this system also gives the owner/user significant savings during the initial installation of the system while providing high energy efficiency and capturing tax incentives for the total cost of the hybrid/geothermal heat pump system. In closing, I will demonstrate to you in a case study of actual energy consumption differences shown between geothermal heat pump systems and VRF (variable flow refrigerant) system on the National Headquarters Office Building or ASHRAE in Atlanta, GA.
Applications in Sustainable Technology of Rooftop Equipment
This course provides an overview of rooftop support systems and includes discussions on:
• Consequences of inadequate support apparatuses
• How to properly manage dead weight on roofing systems without penetrating the roof, while allowing for increased load distribution and flexibility
• How support systems successfully manage loads, as well as thermal movement and vibration
• Selection of proper support components, assemblies and applications, and the importance of their overall performance to the roofing system
• Support system design and installation process
Understanding Active and Passive Floodproofing Options for Non-Residential Buildings in a Special Flood Hazard Area
Floodproofing measures are required for all buildings located in a FEMA floodplain. This course identifies the effects of hydrostatic pressure on building sustainability and explains dry and wet floodproofing techniques utilized to mitigate against flood damage. A review of the liability associated with each floodproofing option is provided. Relevant FEMA regulations, ICC building codes, and ASCE 24 are reviewed. The course provides an in depth analysis of active and passive floodproofing options and the effect each of these options have on a design. Case studies will demonstrate how to effectively incorporate floodproofing techniques in projects.
Understanding Stone wool in Interior and Exterior Commercial Applications
This presentations, describes how stone wool is manufactured, a comparison to other types of insulation, its features, benefits and applications including some insight into building science, acoustics and fire protection
Assessing the Latest Trends within the Growing Outdoor Living marketplace
The presentation examines the trends in outdoor living and entertaining and the increasing importance of style and design in today’s outdoor living rooms. With the use of additional gathering areas, specialty cooking appliances to expand outdoor menus plus architects and designers specifying powder coat colors painted on stainless cabinetry, the homeowner now has the wherewithal to re-create their interior kitchen ...outdoors.
Sensing Solutions for Motorized Doors
•Recognize the need for entrapment protection on commercial and industrial doors to minimize the risk of injury to personnel and damage to products
•Describe the functional and operational aspects of sensing edges for motorized doors learning
•Identify relevant industry codes and standards, and discuss the future of safeguarding requirements for commercial and industrial motorized doors.
The History of Bathing: The Past Informs the Present
Victoria + Albert baths presents The History of Bathing;- The past informs the present. This course is approved for continuing education credits for ASID, AIA and NKBA. During the one hour session you will be sure to learn a thing or two about the many dates and technologies that shaped the bath as we know it today.
- Learn the basic principles of the geothermal heat pump technology and we will discuss some of the misconceptions that often arise in today’s market.
- This course provides an overview of rooftop support systems and skylights
- Understanding Active and Passive Floodproofing Options for Non-Residential Buildings in a Special Flood Hazard Area This course identifies the effects of hydrostatic pressure on building sustainability and explains dry and wet floodproofing techniques utilized to mitigate against flood damage.
- Learn how stone wool is manufactured, compare with other types of insulation, benefits and applications including some insight into building science, acoustics and fire protection
- Learn the trends in outdoor living and entertaining
- Learn about the many dates and technologies that shaped the bath as we know it today.
- Learn how to Recognize the need for entrapment protection on commercial and industrial doors, Describe the functional and operational aspects of sensing edges for motorized doors learning, Identify relevant industry codes and standards.