Design Sustainable and Energy Efficient Buildings Conference - San Antonio
GBCI: 0910000157America Training Solutions invites you to attend a Continuing Education CE Seminar. The seminars will focus on products that can be used in Green, Sustainable and LEED certified building projects for commercial and residential purposes. Attend this complete seminar and earn 6 GBCI Learning Units (LU) credits. You will also have the opportunity to network with contacts in the industry and learn about high quality and green products. Topics : Geothermal • StoneWool Insulation • Outdoor Living Trends & Equipment • Skylights & Rooftop Support • AV & IT Connectivity • Expansive Clay Soils
- 6 CE
Geothermal Heating and Cooling "A Renewable Energy Technology"
This course will cover several critical topics surrounding our industry today in the world of geothermal heating and cooling. You will learn the basic principles of the geothermal heat pump technology and we will discuss some of the misconceptions that often arise in today’s market. You will walk away with an understanding of how and why geothermal heat pumps systems are so incredibly energy efficient and gain a general understanding of how the four basic systems are designed and work for each job application. This course will elaborate on the hybrid/geothermal heat pump system and explain how it not only gives you the high energy efficiency savings but how this system also gives the owner/user significant savings during the initial installation of the system while providing high energy efficiency and capturing tax incentives for the total cost of the hybrid/geothermal heat pump system. In closing, I will demonstrate to you in a case study of actual energy consumption differences shown between geothermal heat pump systems and VRF (variable flow refrigerant) system on the National Headquarters Office Building or ASHRAE in Atlanta, GA.
Applications in Sustainable Technology of Rooftop Equipment
This course provides an overview of rooftop support systems and includes discussions on:
• Consequences of inadequate support apparatuses
• How to properly manage dead weight on roofing systems without penetrating the roof, while allowing for increased load distribution and flexibility
• How support systems successfully manage loads, as well as thermal movement and vibration
• Selection of proper support components, assemblies and applications, and the importance of their overall performance to the roofing system
• Support system design and installation process
Understanding Stone wool in Interior and Exterior Commercial Applications
This presentations, describes how stone wool is manufactured, a comparison to other types of insulation, its features, benefits and applications including some insight into building science, acoustics and fire protection
Assessing the Latest Trends within the Growing Outdoor Living marketplace
The presentation examines the trends in outdoor living and entertaining and the increasing importance of style and design in today’s outdoor living rooms. With the use of additional gathering areas, specialty cooking appliances to expand outdoor menus plus architects and designers specifying powder coat colors painted on stainless cabinetry, the homeowner now has the wherewithal to re-create their interior kitchen ...outdoors.
AV & IT Connectivity in the Business Environment Today
Participants will be able to define cable management solutions that are used in ceiling, wall, floor and table applications. Identify audiovisual systems providing exceptional performance for LEED's Innovation in Design category. Name at least 5 areas in the LEED point system where audiovisual products can affect credits. Recognize that collaboration with audiovisual consultants early in the design phase can contribute to sustainability.
Reduction of the Shrink/Swell Potential of Expansive Clays
A significant portion of the soils in the United States of America, as well as other areas of the world, contain expansive clays. Expansive clays shrink and swell due to changes in the soil moisture content that occur due to seasons of drought and seasons of rainfall. As clay soils shrink and swell, this causes upward and downward movement of pavements, buildings, runways and taxiways, football fields, tennis courts, running tracks, concrete lined water retention basins, swimming pools and parking garages that are supported on the soils that contain the referenced clays. ESSL, L.L.C. (ESSL) manufactures and utilizes an electrochemical that is titled EcSS 3000. The electrochemical can be injected into expansive clays or pulverized into expansive clays, and the expansive clays will have a reduction or elimination of their shrink and swell potential due to the application of the EcSS 3000 electrochemical.
- Learn the basic principles of the geothermal heat pump technology and we will discuss some of the misconceptions that often arise in today’s market.
- This course provides an overview of rooftop support systems and skylights
- Learn how stone wool is manufactured, compare with other types of insulation, benefits and applications including some insight into building science, acoustics and fire protection
- Learn the trends in outdoor living and entertaining
- Learn how to define cable management solutions that are used in ceiling, wall, floor and table applications. Identify audiovisual systems for LEED's Innovation in Design category. Name at least 5 areas in the LEED point system where audiovisual products can affect credits.
- Learn how to control Reduction of the Shrink/Swell Potential of Expansive Clays with electrochemical