The Green Rater Training is designed to prepare qualified participants to provide verification services on LEED BD+C: Homes and LEED BD+C: Multifamily Midrise projects; each LEED BD+C: Homes and LEED BD+C: Multifamily Midrise project is verified through third-party onsite verification by a Green Rater. The Green Rater Training is mandatory for professionals pursuing the LEED for Homes Green Rater Certificate.
This is a two-part training:
• Part 1 of the training consists of five self-guided online training modules that introduce you to the roles and responsibilities of a LEED for Homes Green Rater, discuss applicable technical concepts, discuss verification specifics for various building types, and introduce the participant to the tools and resources that Green Raters will use. You will receive an e-mail with access to Part 1 upon registering for the two-day instructor-led workshop.
• Part 2 consist of a two-day instructor-led workshop. This highly interactive workshop builds upon the material presented in the online course, further preparing you to rate on LEED for Homes projects, and delving deep into the verification services you will provide.
Following the training, participants will be eligible to register and take the LEED for Homes Green Rater exam administered through the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI). Once passing the exam, the Green Rater In-training will proceed to complete the required mentorship. Upon successful completion of the mentorship, the participant will be awarded the LEED for Homes Green Rater Certificate.
- Identify responsibilities of a LEED for Homes Green Rater in each phase of a project
- Manage and conduct verification activities
- Effectively use the project checklist file
- Communication effectively with project teams and LEED for Homes Providers
- Apply the sampling protocol on applicable projects
- Prepare accurate and complete certification submittal packages