Implementing LEED for Homes on Your Next ProjectThis 8 hour series teaches you how to apply the LEED for Homes rating system to a real project that you are working on by walking through the phases of a typical project and the key decisions that project teams must make.
- LEED AP Homes
- LEED Green Associate
LEED version: v2009
Published on: July 31, 2014
LEED for Homes is a green building rating system with over 50,000 units certified and 120,000 units registered worldwide. The program can be applied to mixed-use multi-family buildings, as well as single-family homes. This course provides an introduction to the LEED for Homes rating system and delivery model. The course addresses the intents and requirements of prerequisites and key credits within the rating system while providing real world examples of strategies to meet them. The course also identifies the roles and responsibilities of key stakeholders on a LEED for Homes project and is designed to prepare the professional to plan for key considerations and requirements for the LEED certification process.
Learn how to apply the LEED for Homes rating system to a real project that you are working on by walking through the phases of a typical project and the key decisions that project teams must make, including key stakeholder considerations. Engage in interactive, case-based activities that enable you to work hands-on with LEED implementation strategies and rating system tools.
The course presentation materials are recordings of live webinars hosted in July and August 2014.
* Pre construction Plan Draft Checklist Completed
* Knowledge of LEED for Homes Process
* Meet Requirements for LEED AP Homes Credential
* Know Steps to take your Exam
Continuing Education for the entire series.
8 AIA/CES (LU/HSW)
8 NARI Green
8 Local & State Contractor & Architect License may be applicable (MI confirmed)
The course includes activity assignments that can be submitted to a file sharing site or emailed to [email protected]
* Introduction to LEED for Homes & Green Home Certifications.
* LEED for Homes Provider & Green Rater – What and who are they?
* Understanding the Materials Resource (MR) of the LEED for Homes 2008
* Location & Linkages (LL)
* Sustainable Sites (SS)
* Water Efficiency (WE)
* Energy & Atmosphere (EA)
* Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ)
* Innovation and Design (ID)
* Awareness & Education (AE)
* LEED for Homes Version 4 Introduction
* LEED Checklist Navigation
* LEED registration and Submittal Process How to
- Identify the types of projects which are eligible for certification
- Recognize the roles and responsibilities of key stakeholders in the LEED certification process.
- Recognize goals, intents, and requirements of prerequisites and key credits, and strategies to meet them
- Identify synergies between LEED credits
- Understand how to navigate the LEED checklist and online Submittals Portal