Indoor Air Quality
GBCI: 0920004634This module is designed to introduce aspects of creating and a healthy indoor environment, as well as pitfalls to avoid that are specific to common air quality threats, and methods to maintain above average air quality.
- 1 CE
- LEED AP BD+C
- LEED AP O+M
- LEED AP ID+C
- LEED Green Associate
Rating system: v4
Published on: June 30, 2015
This Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) module is designed to introduce many different aspects of creating a healthy indoor environment. Students will learn about common IAQ threats, ways in which IAQ is compromised, and methods to maintain above average air quality. Facilities maintenance concepts will be reviewed, like the basics of air quality with the HVAC system and air flow, policy recommendations, as well as references to certain applicable IAQ credits in both the LEED O+M and BD+C rating systems.
- Describe the threats to Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) and management techniques to stop the threats from becoming full-blown problems
- Understand the terminology employed by IAQ professionals
- Describe the basics of HVAC and ventilation systems and their roles in IAQ
- Understand the necessary facilities management policy components to ensure ongoing high IAQ
- Understand the credits associated with IAQ in the LEED BC+C and O+M Rating Systems