The inside story, inside green buildings
GBCI: 0910000195Session at the Alberta Sustainable Building Symposium 2014.
- 1 CE
- LEED AP BD+C
- LEED Green Associate
High-performance buildings pose challenges and opportunities for everyone involved. This presentation will explore the taxonomy of the hidden risks of green buildings and how these influence scheduling, costing and resource planning. It will also outline risk management strategies. Presenters will also outline the opportunities new digital tools, including BIM tools, offer in helping maximize sustainability outcomes. Presenters will discuss results from Autodesk Vasari testing. The session will also explore new Internet technologies that are significantly impacting how buildings are used, designed, built and operating. This “Internet of Everything” involves IT from the start, bringing together people, processes and data.
- Increase understanding of the risks design teams face regarding high-performance sustainable buildings.
- Increase understanding of how risks influence every aspect of the planning process and risk management strategies for project teams.
- Increase understanding of how technology is an integral part of sustainable building.
- Increase understanding of the role information technology (IT) plays in green building.
- Explore case study results of the application of Internet and IT technologies.
- Increase understanding of the causes of the lack of sustainable design analyses on architectural projects.
- Increase awareness of current sustainable design technologies.
- Understand the capabilities of Autodesk Revit and Autodesk Vasari.