Introduction to the WELL Building Standard
Overview of the WELL Building Standard, covering benefits, structure, and the certification process
Note: This course was updated on January 25, 2017.
- 1 CE
- WELL AP
Published on: April 20, 2015
The Introduction to the WELL Building Standard presentation provides an overview of the WELL Building Standard ideology, structure, and certification process. The medical basis for the concept categories is introduced along with design and construction strategies to create healthy buildings. The time has come to elevate human health and comfort to the forefront of building practices and reinvent buildings that are not only better for the planet—but also for people. This presentation will introduce how to do this using the WELL Building Standard as the framework.
- Articulate the financial, societal, and environmental benefits of WELL certification
- Identify the role of the International Well Building Institute and the WELL Building Standard
- Recognize the structure of the WELL Building Standard
- Explain the 7 concepts of the WELL Building standard, the strategies to achieve them, and the health impacts they address
- Summarize the certification process of the WELL Building Standard