LEED 101: Green Building Basics & LEED
GBCI: 0090001413This course is intended for those who are new to green building and looking to learn the basics of green building and LEED.
LEED version: v2009
Published on: March 01, 2014
The course offers an introduction to USGBC, green building principles and the fundamentals of the LEED Rating System. It includes topics on climate change and building impacts; motivators for green building; and integrative versus conventional approaches – and the associated benefits – to building design, construction and operations.
You will leave this course with a basic understanding of the intent, concepts and terms for each LEED credit category, as well as green building best practices, regulations and incentives. Closed captioning is provided.
This course is also available in Spanish here.
- Describe green building and the role of USGBC and LEED
- Recognize the intents of each LEED credit category
- Explain basic sustainability terms and concepts Identify green building best practices
- Recognize cutting edge examples of LEED Discuss cost considerations of green building
- Recognize your role in green building