LEED 101: Green Building Basics & LEED
GBCI: 0090001413This course is intended for those who are new to green building and looking to learn the basics of green building and LEED.
LEED version: v2009
Published on: March 01, 2014
The course offers an introduction to USGBC, green building principles and the fundamentals of the LEED Rating System. It includes topics on climate change and building impacts; motivators for green building; and integrative versus conventional approaches – and the associated benefits – to building design, construction and operations.
You will leave this course with a basic understanding of the intent, concepts and terms for each LEED credit category, as well as green building best practices, regulations and incentives. Closed captioning is provided.
Note: This course is eligible for 2 AIA LU/HSW hours. However, due to its introductory nature, it is not eligible for GBCI CE hours.
This course is also available in Spanish here.
- Describe green building and the role of USGBC and LEED
- Recognize the intents of each LEED credit category
- Explain basic sustainability terms and concepts
- Recognize cutting edge examples of LEED
- Discuss cost considerations of green building
- Recognize your role in green building