This course begins with an introduction to the benefits and integrative approach to green building, and a brief background on the U.S. Green Building Council and LEED, including basics of the building certification process. Learn about LEED intents and concepts at the credit category level, across building types and rating systems, touching on strategies, synergies, and specific examples that are reinforced by real project case examples.
This course for anyone who wants more than a basic understanding of LEED — including those with a stake in their company's or community's building practices, those directly involved in green building projects, and those pursuing a LEED Green Associate credential.
- Describe the structure of the LEED rating system and the overall LEED certification process
- Describe key green building intents and concepts associated with LEED
- Recognize successful LEED strategies and measurements for achieving goals
- Describe the central role of integrative design in sustainable building design, construction, and operations
- Identify and explain synergies between LEED credit categories and strategies
- Describe case studies that represent LEED best practices in action across the range of building markets