LEED v4: Building for a Sustainable Future
GBCI: 0910000420Updates to the LEEDv4 rating system with special attention to New Construction rating system. A summary of each credit update is addressed.
- 1 CE
- LEED AP BD+C
- LEED Green Associate
LEED version: v4
Published on: June 17, 2014
Are we doing all that we can to optimize building performance as designer? Let’s examine some key design strategies that will ensure resource efficiency, owner support, and improved occupant well being while applying the US Green Building Council’s LEED® Rating System.
We have an opportunity and an obligation to deliver high performance buildings that take into account the long-term impact of both the occupants in the space and the surrounding environment. In this session, we review updates to the LEED v.4 rating system with special attention to New Construction. A summary of each credit update will be addressed.
The target audience for this course is building owners, architects, professionals, LEED® accredited professionals or anyone interested how the rating system has changed with Version 4. A review of each credit is covered and participants should have prior knowledge of the LEED® Rating System Credits.
- Develop an understanding of the benefits of sustainable design and market trends in this area.
- Differentiate between the LEED v4 and the LEED v2009 rating systems credit categories.
- Evaluate case examples of how to meet some credit requirements.
- Relate the long-term vision of LEED and the path to regenerative buildings.
- Apply the process for rolling out the LEED v4 rating system, how it will impact projects under previous versions, and the LEED Online interface.