A Life Cycle Assessment: A revolution in green building design
GBCI: 920000651Learn how whole building LCA can be used to reduce building impacts and understand how it can lead to improved project outcomes.
- 1 CE
LEED version: v4
Published on: July 25, 2014
LCA is fast becoming the new benchmark for sustainable design philosophy. It presents as the ultimate tool for ensuring genuinely positive design results and it has/is being integrated into most progressive green building standards globally. Where it has typically been employed to optimize individual products or concepts, it is now rapidly being deployed in the building industry.
Alex Bruce, Renewable Energy Engineer and Co-Founder, eTool will present his experience and insight. The learning outcomes of this presentation will ensure attendees will have a good understanding of what LCA is and how it can be utilized to improve the design outcomes of their next projects.
- Describe how LCA applies to the built form
- Explain the limitations and boundaries of LCA in analyzing the built environment
- Define how LCA can be integrated during design alongside standard ESD
- List low carbon design principles
- Consider what the future holds for LCA