PEER 101: Introduction to Sustainable Electricity and PEER
GBCI: 0920007380Learn about the important considerations for improving the sustainability of the electricity supply and delivery and the PEER rating system.
- 1 CE
Rating system: v1 - PEER v1.1
Published on: March 22, 2016
This course will help you understand the importance of sustainable electricity and the resources available to achieve it. It will introduce PEER, Performance Excellence in Energy Renewal, as a framework to change design, behavior and performance creating a reliable and sustainable supply of electricity.
WHAT IS PEER?
PEER® - Performance Excellence in Electricity Renewal - modeled after the U.S. Green Building Council’s LEED® rating system for buildings, provides electricity professionals with a comprehensive understanding of how to define, assess, and specify sustainable power to buildings. PEER addresses how power is generated, transmitted and distributed – from the time it leaves the generator until it reaches the customer.
WHY ATTEND THIS COURSE?
Become a champion for sustainable electricity and learn to leverage PEER.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE?
The course is intended for professionals and stakeholders in the green building, sustainability and electric power fields.
- Identify the forces and challenges driving transformation of the electricity industry
- Describe sustainable electricity supply practices
- Articulate the goals of the PEER program
- Recognize the connections between LEED and PEER for driving energy supply sustainability
- Identify your role in supporting a sustainable electricity supply