With the booming solar industry in mind, this course addresses the importance and fundamentals of solar along with analyzing the practical aspects, promises and challenges of solar energy. The course describes what is solar, why it is important, how it works and where it is headed. This course creates the basis for a more detailed look at GBRI’s new solar series titled "Solar Revolution: The Rise of a New Era.”
This presentation will set the stage to enhance your understanding of the solar industry. Topics covered in this presentation will include:
• Solar radiation
• Electricity & Energy basics
• Return on Investment (ROI)
• Federal and State Incentives and Rebates
• Market trends
• Industry and energy chart analysis
• Future of Solar
This presentation includes some of the Q&A from the original recording with a live audience.
After viewing the presentation, the course also includes reviewing the graphs in the Executive Summary section of the DOE’s Annual Energy Outlook 2014 report.
A copy of the reading is in the Additional Resources section to the right. The full report can be accessed here.
- Describe the importance and basics of solar energy
- Identify why renewable energy is important and solar energy's role
- Identify market drivers
- Understand how solar energy systems work
- Analyze solar case studies and where the solar industry is headed