Sustainable Forest Management and FSC Certified Wood
GBCI: 0910000503This one hour movie explores the FSC certification process, fire suppression, the role of old growth forests, and watershed protection.
- 1 CE
LEED version: v2009
Published on: March 01, 2014
This one hour movie explores the FSC certification process, fire suppression, the role of old growth forests, and watershed protection. Join us as we journey into redwood forests, down the Rogue River watershed, and talk to veteran foresters & loggers. LEED 2009 Materials and Resources Credit 7 for New Construction, Schools, and Core and Shell are analyzed in detail.
Industry professionals offer advice about the FSC certification process, chain of custody requirements, and design team responsibilities. The course is a video format and requires audio/video capabilities. Following the course, participants will take a 10 question quiz for assessment.
- Describe the FSC certification process
- Explain ways to achieve responsible forest management
- Discuss the history of forest management
- Discuss how fire suppression affects forests
- Describe features of an old growth forest
- Explain how a forest can protect watersheds
- List the benefits of using sustainable wood products