Sustainable Sites: Site Selection Criteria
GBCI: 0090000745Emphasizing the importance of restoration and preservation of natural habitats, this one hour film explores issues confronting design professionals when selecting a building site.
- 1 CE
- LEED AP BD+C
- LEED Green Associate
Rating system: v2009
Published on: March 01, 2014
Emphasizing the importance of restoration and preservation of natural habitats, this one hour film explores issues confronting design professionals when selecting a building site. With a focus on reducing environmental impacts from building on or near environmentally sensitive sites, such as on farmland or near wetlands, the course delves into the requirements of Sustainable Sites Credit 1 (Site Selection) for the BD&C LEED 2009 rating system. Real life examples of LEED projects are presented during interviews with Subject Matter Experts, including illustrations of implementation and lessons learned during the LEED process.
- Identify benefits of wetlands and prime farmland
- Describe the importance of the Endangered Species Act
- Explain how to restore and conserve wildlife habitat
- Identify requirements for Sustainable Sites Credit 1 Site Selection
- List other resources to help select a sustainable site