GBCI: 0920010712This lesson is intended to identify practices and considerations for neighborhood-based sustainability issues, through the concept called EcoDistricts.
- 0.5 CE
Published on: November 14, 2016
This lesson is intended to identify practices and considerations for neighborhood-based sustainability issues, through the concept called EcoDistricts. While much of the lesson focuses on the concepts that define EcoDistricts and neighborhood scale sustainability challenges, the lesson will also introduce models and frameworks such as the EcoDistricts Protocol as a guideline for EcoDistrict development.
For instructors interested in using this course content we recommend starting with the Instructor Guide available in the Additional Resources section on the right.
To earn GBCI CE credit for this course:
- Watch the video modules
- Complete the Quiz
Additional learning materials include:
- Podcast – An Introduction to the EcoDistricts Organization
- Podcast – Making the Social Case for EcoDistricts
- Activity – EcoDistrict Project Proposal
- Case Study – The Lloyd EcoDistrict
- Discussion Questions
- Flash Cards – Key Terms
- Knowledge Check – Key Term Matching
- Additional Resources
The videos can be accessed by clicking on links below. The additional learning materials are available to download in the Additional Resources section to the right.
- Identify the fundamental goals and principles of what constitutes an EcoDistrict.
- Explain the main components of the EcoDistricts Framework.
- Apply basic concepts of an EcoDistrict in order to formulate a plan for a given project.
- Illustrate the importance of local and regional sustainability efforts in designing and implementing innovation.
- Identify terminology behind developing and maintaining a healthy site.