How does your work contribute to a more sustainable built environment?
Students are invited to submit work for the 2017 Green Building Student Poster Competition. This year's theme is "Enough for all forever." Posters may present: research, a thesis, community project(s), or a unique academic experience. This is a great opportunity to share your creative ideas!
Students can be from any field or area related to green building. Applicants must submit a short abstract of their project by filling out an online form.
Ten submissions will be selected as finalists to attend the 2017 Better Buildings: Better Business Conference on Friday, March 3. Each student will be asked to create a poster to present the work, then give a five-minute presentation to a panel of judges.
Students may submit projects individually or with a group, but please note only one author per poster will be invited to present at the conference and the top scoring project will only receive one item for the prize. Students are welcome to work with faculty or mentors on the proposal, but they must present the research independently.
How it works
- Submit your work online using this form. Submissions close on Friday, Feb. 10 at 12 p.m.
- Ten submissions will be selected to move on to the poster competition. Selected students will be notified on Monday, Feb. 13.
- Selected students are expected to feature their posters and give a five-minute presentation on Friday, March 3 at the Better Buildings: Better Business Conference at the Kalahari, Wisconsin Dells.
- A panel of judges will evaluate the posters and presentations. The top scoring presentation and poster will receive:
- 1 year complimentary individual membership with USGBC Wisconsin
- 1 free registration to the 2018 Better Buildings: Better Business Conference
- 1 free registration to a select USGBC Wisconsin event
- 1 signed copy of Mission to Millions by Elizabeth Frisch