Honoring sustainability leaders who are driving market transformation within Wisconsin's built environment.
In today's ever changing world, there are individuals and organizations who are leading the way toward a brighter and more sustainable future. They understand that a sustainable approach can result in improved bottom lines, resilient communities and healthy ecological systems.
Applications are now open for the 2017 USGBC Wisconsin Leader Awards. The awards recognize innovative, high-performance green buildings that engages the regional community. Winners will be recognized at the Transformation Awards Reception, taking place June 8 at the Milwaukee County War Memorial Center.
Nomination forms are due by May 3, 2017.
While the 2017 award categories are re-imagined, re-branded, and re-launched, we kept the best parts of our prestigious Sustainability and Energy Efficiency (Se2) awards.
Unless noted otherwise, each category is intended to highlight projects, individuals and partners from within Wisconsin. Nominees may apply for consideration if their impact occurred between Jan. 1, 2015 and Dec. 31, 2016 in the following categories:
- Innovative Design, New Construction — This is the next evolution of the Sustainability and Energy Efficiency (SE2) award program. This award is for a BD+C (Building Design and Construction) project that demonstrates use of new technologies and strategies to push the envelope of green design, and meet project challenges in an innovative way. Nomination Guidance Document (revised)
- Building Performance — This is the next evolution of the SE2 award program. This award is for an O+M (Operations and Maintenance) project that demonstrates a significant increase in building performance through the implementation of sustainable design solutions. Nomination Guidance Document (revised)
- Most Successful Community Engagement — For a project team who has demonstrated creative and innovative strategies for connecting either with their internal or external community through a building project. Nomination Guidance Document (revised)
Qualified applications will be reviewed by a panel of USGBC members and green building experts. Award winners will be notified mid May 2017 and recognized during the Transformation Awards Reception.
Each nomination application fee includes two (2) tickets to the Transformation Awards Reception, and the ability to register up to six (6) additional individuals for the reception at a 25 percent discount off of the posted ticket prices. Award winners will be recognized during the reception.Submit your awards application today
Celebrating leaders in the built environment.
The Transformation Awards Reception honors the individuals, groups and organizations championing sustainable practices and driving market transformation within Wisconsin’s built environment. Winners of the USGBC Wisconsin Leader Awards will be announced.
- 11 a.m.-12 p.m. — Registration, networking and refreshments
- 12-1 p.m. — Awards ceremony and guest speaker (to be announced soon)
- 1-1:30 p.m. — Networking and refreshments
Interested in sponsoring this event? As a sponsor, you can USGBC Wisconsin's efforts to recognize those leading the way toward a brighter and more sustainable future. Download our sponsorship benefits package.
- Make a strategic investment in the Wisconsin Community
- Connect and gain visibility with sustainability leaders
- Grow your brand among an engaged audience
- Build the market for green building products and services.
How can I avoid the additional fees associated with the sponsorship levels?
Online purchases using a credit card have processing fees associated with them. If you wish to avoid the fees, you may pay by cash or check, rather than using this eventbrite site. Checks should be made out to USGBC, and be mailed to: USGBC Wisconsin, 2123 W. Michigan Street #101, Milwaukee, WI 53233. Please include a cover letter that includes the following information:
- Contact person's full name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Mailing address
- Sponsorship level you desire
Sponsorship benefits will begin once the payment has been processed.
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You can call 414-224-9422 or email Wisconsin@usgbc.org.
Program made possible in part by funding from the U.S. Department of Energy’s Advancing Solutions to Improve the Energy Efficiency of U.S. Commercial Buildings (DE-FOA-0001168)